Welcome to the Society
Originally known as NZ Lifestyle Breeds, in 2009 we became an Incorporated Society and changed our name to the NZ Lifestyle Highland Society. In March of 2009 we attained RAS Affiliation.
Our Society proudly boasts amongst its members the winners of some of New Zealand's most prestigious trophies within the cattle industry, including seven Meat & Wool Cups.
Accuracy within our herd book is of paramount importance and we continually work towards maintaining this.
The Executive Members are available to all members for advice and assistance on everything from health and animal care through to selling, business mentoring and support.
The NZ Lifestyle Highland Society:
- Does not require assessments on bulls
- Has the lowest fee structure of all Highland Societies within NZ
- Has a 'super quick' turnaround for registrations
- You own your animals registration
- Accepts animals for registration from ALL herd books (subject to our herd book protocols)
- Are member friendly
- Allows assessed animals into the Herd Book
- Registers every Fold as a member, not individuals
How to Join
To become a Registered Member of the NZ Lifestyle Highland Society Inc, you will need to fill in an Application and send it, together with payment, to the Herd Book Registrar.
Click here to download our Membership Application Form (109 kb)
Click here to download our Constitution (rules and regulations) (893kb)
Click here to view the different Membership Types available
Click here to view the Schedule of Fees
Click here if you wish to contact a member of the Executive Committee..